CSDS recognises (and it is our aim to enhance ours services by developing and promoting Eco-friendly practices) that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact both now for our own and for future generations, and are continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, and with regular reviewing of such.
All employees have been given a responsibility in their area of work to ensure that the aims and objectives of our Policy are met.
- We will endeavour to reduce our carbon foot print by:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into our business decisions.
- Developing management processes, operational procedures to prevent pollution
- Recycle and re-use construction materials and waste
- Work with suppliers to improve their environmental performance
- Make efficient use of energy resources, taking appropriate opportunities to reduce waste and promote recycling and the use of recyclable materials
- Recycle waste products for construction use (e.g. timber)
- Research and promote ecologically friendly construction materials and methods
- Research, promote and use energy-efficient products
- Store, re-use or recycle materials left over from the construction site
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this Policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this Policy at least once annually in consultation with staff where necessary.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.